Clove Run Volunteers Always Welcomed
If you would like to volunteer to help make the Clove Run successful on the day of the event, and help to enusre that the Clove Run will be able to make a generous donation to the local food pantry, The Anchor, call Jim Glavin the Race Director by e-mail.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- To work with the members of the Clove Run Committee in planning for the event prior to the day of the races. The committee meets once a month for planning purposes, and contacts local businesses for monetary donations and prizes for the Clove Run and for the donation/purchase of food, bottled water, paper goods, and other supplies and materials needed the day of the races.
- Friday – August 14 – 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm:
- to help prepare the packets of materials for the people who signed up for the Clove Run prior to the day of the races.
- to organize other materials needed the day of the races.
- Saturday – August 15 – beginning at 7:00 am at the Castleton Elementary School and ending about 12:00 Noon:
- Bib # Distribution – to Check-In pre-registered entrants
- Walk Up Registration – to take registration forms and fees
- T-Shirt Distribution – to distribute T-shirts to entrants.
- Table and Water Distribution – to help distribute tables, water, and necessary supplies along the race courses before the races
- Course Marshals – to help direct runners along course, hand out water to runners, and to help police control traffic on the course during the race
- Refreshments Distribution – to help set up and distribute refreshments to runners/walkers
- Clean-Up – to help cleanup in the start and finish area after the races are over, and to collect the tables and other materials distributed along the race courses before the races